DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT:
The training was conducted specifically in order to meet the Oyu Tolgoi company’s community relations and M&E officers who frequently produce or use research and M&E works. A series of three training sessions each lasting for 3 days was conducted by IRIM in Ulaanbaatar and in Khanbogd offices of Oyu Tolgoi. The main topics of the study included:
- Research design - data collection and analyzing methods
- Using data and research in program design and management
- Program monitoring and evaluation.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED:
- The assessment of needs and knowledge gap of participants regarding the research application and M&E was conducted by IRIM before the training took place. The needs assessment comprised of activities including meeting with participants, undertaking preliminary review of documents related to the participants’ works and prioritization of the training topics.
- Three types of training manuals for each phase of the training were developed for the participants and one manual for the trainers was developed by IRIM;
- Each phase/level of the training ended with tests and assessments and only those who passed the tests and successfully completed the home works at satisfactory level were allowed to participate in the next level training;
IRIM continued to provide methodological support to the participants after the training for three months.
World Vision Mongolia (WVM)
Zoological Society of London